Terms and Conditions – Express Yourself with Glucojel
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This Express Yourself with Glucojel Red Edition Competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Gold Cross Products and Services Pty Ltd of, Level 3, Archtis House 10 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600, ABN 53009662051 (“Promoter”).
2. Entering the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants.
4. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who is:
- not an employee of Gold Cross Products and Services or the Pharmacy Guild of Australia National or State Branches
- a permanent resident of Australia; and
- If an entrant is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to all terms and conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to this Promotion.
5. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these conditions.
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
6. The competition commences at 9.00 am Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on Thursday, 1 March 2018 closes at 11.59pm AEST on Thursday, 31 May 2018 (“Competition Period”).
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
7. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements of the entry process during the Competition Period (“Entry Process”):
- Visit the Express Yourself with Glucojel website – www.glucojel.com.au
- Click the [Create] button on the page
- Sign up either using Facebook or the ‘sign up form’ provided
Complete the initial steps to submit an entry into the Competition;
- Click the [New] button to commence a new artwork
- Choose the shape of your canvas from the options provided
- Choose your canvas template from the options provided
- Using the ‘Create’ tools provided, create your jelly bean artwork
- Once you have completed the artwork to your satisfaction, click the [Finish] button. You will then need to confirm that you want to complete your artwork by clicking [Yes] on the [Finish your artwork] confirm button that pops up. Please note, at any stage during the artwork creation process, you can save your artwork and finish it at a later date.
- Name your artwork in the [Artwork name] field that comes up next, followed by entering your artist name in the [Artist name] (noting your Artist Name does not have to be your real name).
- Choose a frame for your artwork and then click [Submit]
- Finally submit your artwork using the [Submit] button
- You artwork will need to be approved by Gold Cross prior to being added to the to the Express Yourself with Glucojel gallery. Gold Cross reserves the right to reject any artwork which is deemed obscene or offensive, is defamatory or potentially defamatory, would contravene anyone’s intellectual property rights or is likely to incite sexual, religious or racial hatred, or violence, discrimination or vilification.
- People can enter as many times as they wish, so long as each entry is unique and is the entrant’s original creation. Each approved artwork constitutes one Competition entry.
8. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
PRIZES AND DETERMINATION OF COMPETITION WINNERS
9. Total prize pool value is AUD$23,000.00 (Twenty three thousand Australian dollars) comprising of a Major Prize of AUD$20,000.00 and three x AUD$1,000.00 prizes (a total of 4 individual winners).
10. Major Prize is AUD$20,000.00 cash prize. For any cash prizes an entrant’s name on their entry must be that of an eligible bank account to which a cheque can be cashed or EFT payment made. If the winner of any prize is under 18 years, the prize may be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on behalf of the winner, at the discretion of the Promoter.
11. The Winner of the Major Prize will be awarded by random draw at 11am on Tuesday 5th June 2018.
12. The Major Prize draw will take place at Level 239 King St, Newcastle NSW 2300 Australia. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize.
13. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by phone and email no later than Monday 11th June 2018.
14. The Major Prize Winners details will be published on www.facebook.com/GlucojelJB no later than 14th June 2018 and remain online for a minimum of 28 days.
15. The Major Prize Winner must respond via phone or email to accept the prize prior to 7th of November 2018, or will forfeit their prize. The Promoter may conduct a further draw on 8th November 2018 at the same time and place (Level 2 6 Bridge Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia) as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on www.facebook.com/GlucojelJB and remain online for 28 Days.
16. Three (3) Minor Prizes of AUD$1,000.00 will also be awarded during the competition period (1 March 2018 to 31 May 2018), with one being awarded at 3pm on the last working day of each month during the Competition.
17. Minor prizes will be awarded to the entrants whose artworks are deemed by the Gold Cross judging panel as the best. Judging art is subjective, so the judges decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Minor Prize winners will be notified by phone and email no later than 2 workings days following winner determination and published online at www.facebook.com/GlucojelJB from 4th April 2018 and remain online for 28 days.
19. The Minor Prize Winner must respond via phone or email within 15 working days of the prize notification.
20. The Major Prize winner is determined by chance, while Minor Prize winners are determined by skill.
21. By submitting an entry into the Competition, the entrant acknowledges they have read and agree to the competition terms and conditions, which can be found on the glucojel.com.au website.
22. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these conditions of entry.
24. In the case that the Promoter finds evidence of tampering by the entrant in the entry process or the verification process, in addition to declaring any or all entries made by the entrant invalid, the Promoter may in its complete discretion (but subject to State and Territory Legislation) preclude that entrant from participating in any or all future competitions of the Promoter.
25. All Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this Competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries.
FORFEITURE AND RETURN OF PRIZES
26. If an Eligible Entrant breaches their obligations under these Conditions or any agreement with the Promoter, the Promoter may determine that the Eligible Entrant has forfeited their Prize (subject to state and territory legislation).
27. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees’).
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
31. Promoter’s decision is final (subject to state and territory legislation) and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. By entering the Competition and claiming a Prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright.
33. Prizes will only be delivered in Australia and each Winner should allow 28 days for delivery of their prize.
34. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
35. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
36. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
Authorised under: SA Permit No T18/208. NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/21881. ACT Permit No. TP 18/00251.